Thursday 24 March 2016

THE STRENGTH OF MY LIFE

2Samuel 22:33 God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.

Proverbs 24:10 If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.

It’s been a couple of challenging and celebration filled weeks, all at the same time.
It made me remember that some years ago, a mentor of mine asked me to fast and pray, for days, on one point: Strength. I was wondering why I had to do that. However, I did it and I discovered that I was praying for strength in different areas of my life: physically, financially, spiritually….

Some years down the line, I understand better. I understood what the Bible meant when it says that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill… (Ecc 9:11). A man of God once said that the battle is not to the strong but to the strengthened. Who is the strong? It’s one who has the ability to produce and withstand great forces. Such persons do not necessarily win the battle. The strengthened is one who is equipped with the right tools for the battle by someone who knows what is really needed to win that particular battle. The strengthened is fortified and reinforced for the particular situation.


I liken this to David and Goliath. Goliath had the tools to fight; the helmet, spear, coat of mail; he was strong. But David was strengthened by the Lord of Hosts. God knew what David needed to win and it wasn’t as heavy, burdensome as what King Saul had given him earlier. He had the right tools to win that battle even though it looked so insignificant. In the end, however, he came out victorious.

You may ask, what exactly are you saying? I’m saying that God is the strength of our lives. When we leave Him out of the picture and try to run things the way we want, I’m sure we know the outcome. I’m saying that years down the line, after I prayed that prayer for strength, I experienced the answer. I entered a season of strong waves. I got to the lowest lows; points when I knew without the strength of God, I would never have survived.

God strengthened me in my Spirit and also emotionally at a time when I would have crashed. Emotionally, I was nursing a lot of heartache. The inner strength helped grow a physical strength to support me so I could move on. I don’t think anyone is wholly capable to strengthen your spirit, soul, and mind as God does.

And I’m also saying that No matter the circumstance of your life, ask for the strength of the Lord. God can make us and give us all we need in every situation. I’m here because of His strength. The Lord is the strength of my life.

With you, I find my Strength
With you, I can hold on
With you, I know I’m covered
No greater power than you
No God is greater than you.
(With You by James Fortune and Fiya)

Today, I can say, Thank you, Lord, my Strength.

The word, Chayil, has one of its meanings to be Strength (I will soon start a series on Chayil). 
*** There’s a follow up post on Bible verses on strength. I pray you will be strengthened by God and come out of every situation the better for it.

Let’s Talk
  • ·        What gives you strength?



No comments:

Post a Comment

HI. PLEASE ADD YOUR COMMENT