Wednesday 27 January 2016

2016… GOING FORWARD


Welcome to the House of Chayil, a place of hope, strength for a better and fulfilled you. Welcome to a new year. This is my first post on this blog and it is a reflection on a challenging and defining 2015. Looking back, I’m grateful to God for the process and the strength He gave me. I pray that 2016 will be a great and fulfilling year for us all. HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAPPY NEW YOU. J

2015 was a challenging year for me. January 2015 started on a low note because there were things I expected in my life the previous year and had not seen. So, in the beginning of 2015, I started making plans and working on my goals. In the first quarter of the year, however, it seemed like everything in my life was falling apart; I had relationship issues, I was heartbroken and felt betrayed. I had career issues, I was down, and I almost lost sight of who I was.

But now, I look back and I’m thankful. I discovered that difficult moments can also be defining moments. Someone said, “The best love songs are not written by people in love”. I think that we, as humans, discover our strengths and purpose in unpalatable situations.  Our vision is sharpened if we take out the time to check through those situations. We learn more about ourselves. The challenging time I had in 2015 led to a discovery of who I was created to be. 

A favourite bible verse of mine says, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love G0d and are called according to His purpose.” 2015 was a difficult time in my life but it worked out for my good. God worked it out for my good. According to the lyrics of a song I love,
                        You are the first, the last, beginning and the end
                        In You I live and move and have my being
                        You hold my life, my world, my future all in Your hands
                        And you knew my name before time began…..

I knew God held my life in 2015; God was real to me. Through the difficulties, the times I cried my heart out, the times I couldn’t say a word, I knew God more. There was a lot I didn’t know until then but my heavenly Father knew it all and was there for me.


I can say now that 2015 was a GREAT year for me because the year made me think of what I really wanted to live for and my purpose was birthed. I discovered who God created me to be and I’m ready to live my God-given dreams. I’m better, wiser and stronger. 2015 was amazing, 2016 will be so much better.

I hope that you will locate the good out of the difficult moments in your life and channel it for a good cause this year. This is the year to believe in God, believe in your dreams and work towards fulfilling them. This is the year to GO FORWARD. God said to Moses at the Red sea, “Tell the children of Israel to go forward.” They did and there was great deliverance and joy as opposed to the tragedy the children of Israel had expected.

So, GO FORWARD this year, LEARN from 2015 and MOVE ON. BELIEVE in every promise God has made regarding you, it will come to pass. Dare to trust God to do what only He can do, with a word He will make something great out of nothing (or even the worst situation you’ve ever experienced). Even when it looks otherwise, remember, “All things work together for GOOD…”

HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAPPY NEW YOU!!!


Talk to us
1.   What challenges did you face in 2015 and what did you learn from them to help you have a better 2016?


No comments:

Post a Comment

HI. PLEASE ADD YOUR COMMENT