Wednesday 24 February 2016

HELP A CHILD.... #COMPASSION

“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me ...”
MATTHEW 25:35-36 (NIV)
“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute.”
PROVERBS 31:8 (NIV)

Today, I’m blogging for Compassion. The Compassion Bloggers Network comprises of a group of men and women who dedicate their time and talents to share the needs of the world's poorest children. We are a community of voices for vulnerable children living in poverty. A community that loves Jesus, encourages others and has a great sense of humor.
As a ministry, Compassion offers many opportunities to keep rallying as a community and help more children find sponsors, or help raise funds for things like safe water and malaria nets. I am honored to be a part of a community that works at helping lives and giving meaning to the most vulnerable ones amidst humans; children.



Here are some facts:
  • ·        1 billion of 2.2 billion children worldwide are living in poverty, that is, nearly half  of the world’s children live in poverty.
  • ·        19,000 children die each day due to poverty.
  • ·   In 2013, 161 million children under the age 5 were stunted due to chronic  malnutrition. 
  • ·       There are 1.1 billion people in developing countries without access to clean water.

           (UNICEF and The World Bank)

We can do something about this, one kid at a time. One of the ways to help a child is by participating in the Compassion Water of Life. This is a safe water system that addresses one of the greatest and most urgent needs in developing countries today - providing safe drinking water to children and their families. Donations can be made on compassion.com.


Let’s partner with Compassion for the month of February to help provide safe drinking water for children in poverty. It’s a worthy cause.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14728895/?claim=hgb93b7apqn">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI. PLEASE ADD YOUR COMMENT